Friday, March 24, 2006

The Library - My Favorite Video Store

I've found a great resource for getting movies to watch -- the local library.

Sure, they may not have all the latest, greatest titles, but one of the libraries down the street has a pretty generous selection of movies all for the low, low price of nothing. I get to keep each movie at two days, which is more than enough time.

Right now, I've been on a Criterion Collection kick -- catching up on some foreign films that have been around for a while. To date I've borrowed Ikiru (a wonderful Kurosawa film about a dying man who had been a company slave most of his life trying to make make a difference in his neighborhood at the end), Eyes Without A Face (a French horror film about a scientist trying to give his disfigured daughter a new face. Surprisingly gruesome for a film from the late 50s), and Knife in the Water (Roman Polanski's first movie about a couple who go boating with a hitchhiker they pick up -- a good psychological thriller).

Tomorrow, it's off to the library again -- I think more Kurosawa is on tap.

No comments: