Sunday, August 12, 2007

Who's Cookin'?

Me, that's who.

I have been taking care of cooking dinner for the past few weeks and I'm having a blast. You would think, after a busy day at work, coming home and cooking would be a tiresome torture, but it's not. I look forward to choosing a recipe, going to the store to get the fixins, then coming home and attempting to make magic.

Plus, I find it very relaxing.

Mind you, I'm still new at it. I can't improvise like the best cooks can ("Hmmm... a little more oregano.", "This is missing kidney beans"). I have to follow the recipe to the letter. But, so far, everyone has enjoyed the results. Most of the recipes are along the lines of "cut everything up, put in a pot, heat", but even that can get botched if you're not careful.

Are there any dishes I'm particularly proud of? Yep. I am very proud of two dishes that required a little bit more work, but came out great:

Tomato Bisque (goes great with grilled cheese "dippers")



and

Pork Guisantes (A Filipino pork n' peas dish. Veeeeery tasty)

No comments: