Friday, February 05, 2010

McTHIS McDonalds

Almost every morning, around 6 AM, I go chant for an hour at our local community center. Sometimes, when I'm done, I'll pick up some kind of fast food breakfast for everyone.

Last Saturday, I was planning to swing by McDonalds to get everyone Egg McMuffins. However, I wasn't really feeling the artificial fast food experience.

So I decided to attempt an Egg McMuffin of my own. It's the hit of the household - I don't think any of us could eat a real McMuffin ever again.

And now, lucky, lucky you, I shall share the recipe:

Watchu need:
• An English muffin (sourdough)
• An egg
• A couple slices of bacon (not ham)
• A slice of cheddar cheese (not american)
• Mayo
• Milk or Half & Half
• Butter

Watchu do:
1. Beat the egg with a fork. Mix in a couple tablespoons of milk.
2. Toast the muffin
3. Cook the bacon
4. Put the egg on the bottom half of the muffin.
5. Tear bacon in half and layer on top of egg.
6. Put cheese slice on pan for a few seconds until cheese starts to melt. Lay cheese on top of bacon.
7. Spread some mayo on top half of muffin and stack on cheese to complete sandwich.
8. Eat.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: