Monday, May 30, 2005

Fun At Amoeba

I love Amoeba Music. It's like a crack house for music lovers. There's a couple in Norcal (San Francisco and Berkeley) and one down here in Hollywood.

I usually go at least once every other week and today was one of those trips. Much like someone needing a hit, if I don't go for too long, I get nervous and edgy. Do I want to deal with what's driving this? Hella no.

So, here's the latest editions to my growing CD collection (all but one were bought used -- Ameoba has the best, largest used CD collection out there... and everything's in excellent condition).

So...

Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman -- Previewed this one on the listening post. Great piano playing.



They Might Be Giants - A User's Guide -- One of those bands whom I not into enough to want to get individual albums, but I like their singles, so this is the perfect sampler for me.



Gang of Four - Entertainment! -- I'd heard of them, but never heard of their stuff. One of my favorite things is listening to stuff I'd never heard before and, if I like it enough, adding the album to my collection. This is one of those discs. The late 70's rock/punk sound was excellent -- The Jam, The Clash, etc.



Live From Las Vegas - Various Artists. Part of a series of new CDs commemorating one of the greatest cities in the world, Las Vegas, on it's 100th anniversary. A great sampling of live tracks during Vegas' musical heyday -- when the Rat Pack reigned supreme. Absolutely essential for its historical element. Plus the music ain't half bad.

No comments: