Monday, July 25, 2005

Music Ho Reloaded

Okay, I wasn't finished listing all the new music I got, so here's the rest:

The Vines - "Highly Evolved"



Much better than their second album (thought their second album isn't that bad). It's just this one has better overall songs. The second seems a little more bankrupt creatively.

Weezer (Blue Album)



Yes, I know I'm a late-comer with this one. I've heard "Undone" and "Buddy Holly". Good, straight-forward geek rock. Got the expanded version with lots of extra goodies. (I'm a sucker for expanded versions with lots of extra goodies. Extra goodies are good.)

The Dead 60s



Another in the current, growing list of British bands generating a new-wave/punk revival. Sound very much like the Clash. They may wear their influences a little openly on their sleeves (a lot of the new bands are guilty of these), but it's a disc full of good songs. If you like the Clash, you'd probably enjoy this one.

Missy Elliott - "Under Construction" / "The Cookbook"




My wife wanted these, but I'm always open to all kinds of music. Damn, that girl can rap and write some wicked-ass lyrics. Nasty to the core, but very creative.

Montrose



A blueprint for the 70s hard rock sound. Some of it is wildly outdated. A lot of it is formless (not really any major hooks or melodies). Just a lot of crunchy, straightforward rock n' roll with top notch vocal from Sammy Hagar and solid guitar work from Ronnie Montrose.

That's enough for now. I'm tired of typing.

No comments: