Sunday, July 03, 2005

New Music!! (Well, Mostly New)

More CD acquisitions from the Music Addict -- some new, some old, but all new to me.

Spoon - "Gimme Fiction"



Damn! This is an awesome album. I'd rank this with Beck's "Guero" as one of the two best albums of 2005.

John Mayer - "Room For Squares"



Got the Dual Disc version. I know there's a whole mess of debatin' going on over this new format, but I like it. It's cool to get a Surround version and some extra DVD content. I guess I'm pretty lucky -- all my CD players, including the dreaded front-loading truck CD player, can handle the discs. Oh, and the CD is pretty good, too.

The Offspring - "Greatest Hits"



Great stuff in one package. "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)" is still one of the best singles ever made.

Television - "Marquis Moon"



This is one of those albums you read about on numerous top 100 lists and it's considered one of the pinnacle albums during the late 70s New York Punk/Art Punk movement... and yet you've never actually head it. One of my co-workers let me borrow his copy and it's really good. So, went and got the remastered version. If you can get past Tom Verlaine's oddball singing, you can see how this band was definitely an influence on newer bands.

Buffalo Springfield - "Again"



A little dated in spots, but still contains some of the best rock tracks ever written.

No comments: