Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sticky Situation

You know when you buy a CD or a DVD and they come with the little sticky security strips at the top (or in the case of DVDs, on the top, the side, and the bottom)?

Is there any way to remove them without leaving huge strips of really, really, REALLY sticky stuff that stays on for weeks? I just bought a new DVD today and after removing all the security strips, the box is now slathered in super sticky glue.

I think they use the same glue that's used on bumper stickers.

What's worse is I have four cats. Cats that shed. Shed fur that tends to float around. Float around near the DVDs and CDs. The ones with sticky glue residue. Nothing like grabbing a CD off the shelf to find the top of the jewel box covered in fur.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Have you tried nail varnish remover? That's normally good for removing sticky stuff.

We don't have those stickers on CDs and DVDs here - I've never quite worked out the point of them.

DaBahbs said...

I'll have to try that.

I guess American record companies believe we'll steal anything that's not nailed down.

I've noticed that with import CDs (well... import to me) there's no sticky security stuff on them.